Monday, March 17, 2008

"Relationship Status"

While those of you are filling out compatibility tests on every relationship website Google can find you... I am aimlessly dolling out my phone number to the majority of Manhattan south of 25th st.
I am notoriously known by most of my close friends as a serial-first-dater; ie. I will go on a 1st date with anyone that can speak, walk, and is (as far as we know) male & into females. As much as I try to be selective with whom I pass out my contact info to, I can't help but always feel there is a chance that nearly every guy I meet could potentially not suck & be the man of my dreams.

Ofcourse this has resulted in numerous & quite hilarious 1st date stories - most of which will be shared once I feel warmed up to the idea of airing them for the nation (ok thats slightly dramatic seeing as tho we know everyone that reads this), but either way, I thought it would be best to start with the breakdown of my current roundup for 2008.
*Please keep in mind none of these have resulted in any sexual encounter you have after the age of 13 - yes, Im one wild woman...

Pls also note= I will refer to each Datees by a number (repeat of a number indicates a repeat with that datee)

January: (seems so far away... )
1 - Accidental overnight date on NYrs followed by a blurred morning hovered over his toilet and a 'cab of shame' home.
1 - After a shower & change of clothes (okay, I didn't shower but I febreezed & brushed my teeth) NYrs encounter takes me out for a hangover lunch.
2 - Pitty party of hope in a neighborhood bar resulted in an attempt to turn #2 into any sort of normal/decent kisser. Operation failed & aborted.
3 - Stood up/ditched by obviously lesser than equal man. Goes to bottom of the line - forever.
4 - Random emails from a Nov/Dec date gone crazy professing his craziness & his newly found prescription to control it.

February: (it was a very slow month)
5 - Wonderous Valentines date. Thought about proposing a runaway & beach life with him.
5 - Love of my life turns (is) a sleaze & tries date two. Location: his bedroom. Phone number has since been deleted (will discuss the need for speed with Manhattan men at a later date...).

March:
1 - Play possible armcandy role & love it. Definate potential for a regular appearance.
6 - After work gig meeting-> turns invite to dinner-> turns admittance into making less than the foreigner that washes the sidewalk across from my apartment-> turns baggage from past GF-> turns baggage from past GF & he had bought an apartment-> turns he lives in exterior Brooklyn-> turns end of story.
7 - 1/2 Blind date with great choice of restaurant & interesting life history, makes remarks about sex with an ex and proposes a pit stop to his place (*cough cough*).
8 - Was this a date? Invite to a concert where I bring along my brother & his friend... I buy my own drinks & my ticket & walk myself home... scratch that, this was most definately NOT a date.
1 - Bad movie & romantic dinner at a local college sports bar prove interestingly amusing & intriguing. Hmm...

Only 9 more months to go & a whole slew of numbers left... ;)

No comments: