Thursday, March 27, 2008

I Care About the Environment

I have always been of the strong belief that if anyone has something remarkably important to say to me, they will do so by way of a text. Hence all other modes of communication are generally ignored, including mail. In a day in age where we are moving to a paperless society, I see no benefit to anything other than digitial communication.

The only type of "slow mail" that I receive on a regular basis are formal rejection letters. These letters are rarely acknowledged as when the firm posts on monster.com three days post rejection, I will once again apply to the same position. It really is an exhausting game of cat and mouse. Opposed to the formal very pleasant rejection letters I receive on a daily basis which recognize my outstanding credentials, Human Resources should save a lot of time and paper by sending me a text message that read something like: "Hey C, please do not apply to us ever again."

I thought I had reached a new low yesterday when the firm referenced in post "uptown, downtown" had sent me a formal rejection letter, but really today is an official milestone; I have started receiving mail from the American Bar Association at my temporary post in the publishing company. The mail clerk, who has suffered from a head injury and is known to be slightly brain damaged, asked me if I had taken the Bar. When I explained to him that I had not only taken the Bar, but was admitted to the practice, he looked at me in a complete state of disgust and walked out of our not even cubicle area shaking his head and laughing.

No comments: