Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Throw me a bone Oprah

As you may already know, I am on Oprah's mailing list. In addition to weekly updates on the book club (which gets deleted immediately) and weekly emails regarding her online 'classes', I get the daily Mission Calender Inspiration. This had become a favorite daily email after receiving a particular Inspiration that inevitably led to the ultimate decision to quit my miserable job. However, over the past month, Oprah has single handily taken the Inspiration quotes from inspiring to down right retarded. See below for todays bloody bullshit statement:

"Body obsession is like an obnoxious relative: No matter how annoying we think it is, it always gets an invitation to the party."

What the hell Oprah? What am I supposed to do with that information? Are we writing tshirts to sell on Canal street?
You are not only inspiring me to quit, but as I start the first day of my unemployment, you pass me on this clearly unmotivating bullshit line about my desire to be skinnier. There is a serious lack of consistency here, and now that I have time to read, re-read, & ponder your daily inspirations, I would appreciate a little more effort on your half.

I'm looking forward to a redemption quote for tomorrow.

-eM

No comments: