Tuesday, May 27, 2008

It makes no Difference

Today, I have formally accepted a job at a law firm. My readership might be worried that this will somehow distract from my blogging. However, may I remind you that most of my blogging has been inspired by this field. In fact, if anything, because I am about to re-immerse myself in the culture, I anticipate a series of blogs that are based on my interactions with my clientele.

One might wonder, C, what would inspire you to take on a legal job? Well, kids, it took a lot. The most important reason is that the firm is down the block from my apartment. Because I will be making approximately a dollar a day, I can not afford transportation. The other reason is that I noticed the head partner had a bottle of Whiskey, a bottle of Bacardi and a bottle of Vodka in his office with shot glasses. This made me feel right at home. However, the major reason this job is amazing is because one of the lawyers who interviewed me today relayed to me the following information: There was another candidate under serious consideration who had graduated from a legitimate institution. Because I have not, I had to convince her why I was worthy. This was close to impossible, but I fooled her.

Some of my readers have contacted me today and told me I no longer can claim that I am less than successful. What I would like to make clear to those of you who have suggested this much is that while I may no longer be a temp, I most certainly remain truly unsuccessful. As by taking a position as an attorney, I will be making less money than I did as a temp. So there, I remain truly yours and entirely unsuccessful.

No comments: