Monday, May 12, 2008

I Am Not Ashamed

Look, I generally do not make apologies for my drinking behavior. The way I see it, until something completely phenomenal happens to me, I am entirely entitled to solo drinking. Okay, that is a lie, even when something phenomenal happens to me, I probably will drink a few by myself to celebrate. This often inspires me to re-examine the following:

a) If I am ever not single, will my boyfriend dump me because I am a lush?
b) Will a real job give me enough drinking space?
c) Will I quit my new real job if it does not give me enough drinking space?
d) Am I slut? (I realize this one is not in line with the rest of the questions, but
I recently have come down with a case of tonsillitis which my ENT has told me has a
direct relation to various trysts. Use your imagination).

Anyhow, these major dilemmas aside, I am perfectly fine with M&M passing the occasional judgment on some of my alcoholic tendencies, but WHAT I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT okay with is my liquor store passing judgment. The first time this happened, I let it slide. It was about a month ago close to eleven PM on a Friday night. AJ and I swung by my local super market (the liquor store) to pick up a bottle of red and a bottle of white prior to going to a friend's apartment. The cashier, who yes I do believe has a crush on me, asked me: "why are you so late tonight?" I thought about it, and realized that every Friday I come by the super market exactly at 5:30 in the afternoon to pick up my provisions for the weekend.

On Mondays-Thursdays, I am just too lazy to pick up dinner and order a delivery (the super market is across the street from my apartment). Well, tonight the usual suspect comes to deliver my selection and I have a towel wrapped around my head. He proceeds to ask me if this is a new hair style. I explained to him that I had just gotten out of the shower. He proceeds to explain to me my usual hair style upon delivery (pony tail). Just when I thought he was flirting with me despite being twice my age, he explains: "The reason I know this is because you are the only customer who lives across the street from the store and orders delivery...memorable, memorable."

No comments: