Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Crossing my Fingers

I recently applied for a personal assistant position where the only qualification was the ability and interest in baking cakes. Like many of my girlfriends, I have always dreamt of owning or running a bakery & saw much possibility in this opportunity. Per usual, I sent the employer my over qualified resume, headshot & a short email discussing why I am the perfect candidate. Also as usual, I received no return email & ultimately did not get the job.
Today on one of the many daily reads of Craigslist, I came across the below request for employment:

"hello
i am looking for a clown to do my kids 3rd birthday. i would like face painting and balloon animals done with the kids. there should be tops maybe 10 kids or less. i am located in the bx.i am looking for about 1 hr 30mins tops. please email if with price n maybe a photo."

PERFECT, I have an extensive art background, am great with people, and a clown suit will easily hide my enormous breasts. I've sent an email and photo; I think 200 is reasonable provided I need to bring the costume and supplies.
Please cross your fingers, I just can't possibly get turned down again.

No comments: