Thursday, May 8, 2008

EXCUSE ME

Okay, as we all know I am perfectly fine with being rejected. In fact, I embrace it. For, if I were not rejected so frequently, this blog might not even exist. Or perhaps it would, but in order to clear up the confusion I might have to sign my posts "A Little Bit More Successful than Less Than Successful Co-Blogger."

Regardless, we need not worry about such potential conflicts. As less than twenty four hours post submission of writing sample to the firm run by several garbage cans I received this email:

Hi C,

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and for providing the
writing sample. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you employment at this
time. We wish you the best of luck.

Kind regards,
G

This only bothered me for about ten minutes before I realized how completely absurd I had been to draft the writing sample in the first place and ultimately decided that these soda cans probably just used my answer because they legitimately were posed with this fact pattern and could not answer it themselves. Ultimately, I considered writing G a nasty email saying something like "Listen, stinky trash, Atticus Finch and I slaved many hours over this ridiculous assignment and the least your mafia could do is extend us a second interview (Yes, we would potentially both go so they could meet my editor)." That idea was entirely forgotten as I was planning my departure to Blanco Plains.

All is well except for the fact that today I visit garbage's careernet only to discover that the slime has posted on their alma matta's site and have requested a useless writing sample that will not be considered in conjunction with the one they ask prospective candidates to draft. I think I have made this semi clear to my readership before, but I am going to reinforce this point; if we are strictly talking about Garbage, I am not so bad. In fact, I am going to say that if the firm is determined to hire one of their own kind, I would offer my services or suggest a small few who I think are competent. However, I have decided that the more appropriate strategy is to reapply to the firm and attach the writing sample they asked me to draft and then kindly ask them to steer clear of my pathetic turf. Have you no shame?

No comments: