Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Tak

In all bloody honesty, I have no idea how to say thank you in Danish. I just googled it and came up with the title of my blog. Maybe that is the way to say it. I would prefer if "Tak" meant "kill yourself," but I have a funny feeling I have no such luck.

Today, for the second time, I have been rejected by those who reside in the Nordic region. While I have on many occasions considered leaving my promising station in Manhattan, I do not think I would travel so far as Denmark to rid myself of the stigma of graduating from something the Danish might call a toilettet. I take this letter (as copied and pasted below) to signify the world telling me that my services are not needed. here. there. anywhere. In fact, as a preemptive strike to my considering relocating, Ms. Bisgaard has taken it upon herself to speak on behalf of her country and kindly request that I do not bring my noxious self.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding: Communications advisor, Technology R&D, Ã…rhus, Denmark

Dear C,

We would like to thank you once again for your application concerning the
position mentioned above.

Unfortunately we have to tell you that we have decided to proceed with other
candidates having a better match with the requested qualifications and
background.

If you have created and released your profile, we will continue to compare it
with all the relevant vacancies at Vestas, and you are always welcome to apply
for a vacant position.

Thank you for the interest you have shown Vestas.


Yours sincerely

Technology R&D
People & Culture

Dina Kirstine Bisgaard

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: