Thursday, December 18, 2008

She is Not Mistaken

I am not sure if my readership is aware of the fact that I communicate with some of the permanent employees in or around my temping station. Sure, most of them look at me in disgust, but there is one member of the others, L, who is my ally.

L is a good ally. She prints out things, like my shitty resume, reads my blog and is never too happy to be in the work place. That is why she deserves a cameo.

This past weekend L had the happy occasion of bumping into a Garbage professor who offered to get her into Garbage without applying.

If we were talking about another institution, I might be shocked that a professor could make such a promise. Sure, I am aware of the fact that there are various students at let's say NYU Law who are admitted based strictly on connections, but I am fairly certain that they at least submitted an application and took the LSATs. I am also fairly certain that if L wanted to get into Garbage, she has the mental faculties to make this a possibility without this professor's assistance. Some of my peers were cockroaches for the love of Christ.

Regardless, when I really started thinking about the significance of what this professor was saying I realized that this was not exactly an empty promise/flush. It was a guarantee. Garbage's students are primarily compiled from poor asswipes who did not apply. It sort of works like this, you take your LSATs one day, and the next day you wake up at Garbage. I do not remember if M&M filled out an application for me. That is right, they filled out all of my applications because I refused to apply to any of the law schools that I could get into and watched them manipulate various applications to schools in like Idaho, Florida and Wyoming. When I told them my one stipulation was that I get to remain in New York, they, much like this Professor, promised me that this would not be a problem. Three weeks later, I got a call that Grandpa I must have been thinking of me postmortem as I just been accepted into a New York based sewer.

As far as L is concerned, I imagine she could do much better than Garbage. I mean I am rather impressed by L. She has not even attended Garbage yet and is an actual employee where I have remained, faithfully, and always a temp.

No comments: