Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Boy, O, Boy

I am tired. No for real, I am tired. I am going to be working a lot and concentrated all day during orientation so I am capable of doing so. It is no surprise that after two horrific positions, and sorta four positions in total, that I am fully prepared to commit myself to this one. Anyhow, despite the fact that I might be beginning my career, even if I may never be successful, I will never forget what it is like to be rather unoccupied. Thankfully, I have a constant reminder of how pathetic I am on a daily basis.

Readership, I have had several discoveries in the past couple of days. The most insignificant is that, well, M lied about her age on my birth certificate. Let me rewind, my new trabajo required me to bring a copy of my transcript, birth certificate, license, etc. for their records. My largest concern was that upon examination of my transcript was that they realized I had some fairly weak moments even if some outstanding ones. But, thank god, they did not realize the most egregious error on these documents. Mainly, that M has claimed to be 32
when she gave birth to me and told others out of M squared's earshot that he was, in fact, 31. It is a well known "secret" that up until I was about nine, M squared believed that M was only 1-2 years older than him. This is false, no completely ridiculous. M is four years older than M squared and was about 35 when she gave birth to me making M squared 31.

To some, this might obfuscate the fact that at midnight on Friday night I was called on an emergency basis two times because M sqaured suspected that I had a hair cut. While I did in fact have a trim, I most certainly did not have a cut. Regardless, I am quite content with the result of this "cut/trim" what have you. Nothing too drastic. However, M squared who functions on a close to rain man basis behind a newspaper relayed to M that I had not only received a blunt cut, but that this blunt cut was stringy (a.k.a. blown out.) M's voicemail went something like this "C, did you cut your hair? YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO DO THAT UNTIL YOU GET MARRIED!!! you are only semi okay looking because your hair is long and your skin is almost clear." After M showed M squared a series of celebrities from various magazines (pointing mainly to Gywneth Paltrow's new haircut) it became clear to M that I did not in fact look like Gywneth and M squared admitted that my hair was not that short.

HOWEVER, NO, these two previous incidents are not the most important things that have happened to me since Friday. No, those do not hold a torch to the recent conversation I had with them as in ten minutes ago. I relayed to M&M that for the first time in my career I am going to be legitimately busy. Silence ensued when I told them that I would in fact be at this establishment close to ten hours a day. The outcome: Reference to a recent friend of a friend whose daughter (O) of my similar age has recently married a man in their fifties. M pointed out that O did not have to work. When I argued that no she did not and while working is not my cup of tea or anyone's for that matter, I would rather work than wed a man who is close to M squared's age (not M's age as she is as I pointed out earlier like 3235235235 years older than him), I was yelled at. Quite frankly, I am not being open minded.

No comments: